The AHRC Network on ‘Technoscience, Law and Society’ held its inaugural event on the 6 June 2013, organised jointly with Arts Catalyst, providing an opportunity to explore some of the key aspects of the relationships between law, science and society that the Network seeks to interrogate. This discursive event was organised around displays of and introductions to the work of critical artists Carey Young and the Critical Art Ensemble, and academic presentations pertaining to debates in law and science.
• Introduction to the AHRC Network by Dr. Emilie Cloatre and Dr. Martyn Pickersgill
• Presentations by Prof. Alain Pottage and Prof. Robert Dingwall
• Presentation by Graham Harwood, YoHa
• Presentation of the work of critical artists Carey Young and Critical Art Ensemble by Nicola Triscott (Arts Catalyst)
• Interactive explorations of the key theoretical, methodological and practical issues that arise when exploring the relationships between science, technology and legal processes